martes, 28 de octubre de 2008

Vista

It looks pretty interesting from here, but every once in a while, I think to myself... eight months?

Anyhow, let the travels begin - this weekend Cordoba. I realize all the pictures that need to be taken are already online, but I'll go ahead and take some more, for the sake of being a dedicated tourist.

We're teaching the five senses (los cinco sentidos) in the bilingual classes this week; oido, olfacto, tacto, gusto, and vista. Vista is sight. This picture, a view/vista from a Bollullera street, leads up to the tower of the biggest church in town - la Iglesia Parroquial Santiago Apostol. The streets do seriously look like this, although this is an older section of town. And by old, I mean older than the United States. From what I've been told, the Moors built the streets very narrow so there'd be more shade and to keep it cooler inside during the hot Andaluz days. Good thinking. It was eighty degrees two days ago, and in summer, it's well over 100 on a regular basis. Craziness. Lots of history though, which is a definite plus.

No hay comentarios: