martes, 11 de noviembre de 2008

Valoracion

How do we ever know our worth? I'm not saying it's normal, or that it's extraordinary, but when you get used to having people around that can speak in two languages, sometimes more, it's easy to take it for granted. But every once in a while something happens to make you realize your worth, or in this case, your valoracion.

I had the opportunity today to be a translator, which made me feel like kind of a big deal, if only for a few hours. I hardly slept last night, but it's the first time in a couple of weeks that I've woken up without delay, anticipating a challenge of a different variety than the classroom. I ended up translating for a company near Bollullos and there was some talk of valoracion, the appraisal or assessment, of the company's worth, taking into account its present condition and the capacity for future expansion and growth.

As I was summarizing the whole ordeal to my dad over a sketchy skype connection, and talking about how I like having specific goals, but a lot of creative freedom, he told me that I am perhaps better suited to working in a less structured environment. Can we say freelance? Well, I kind of like structure, but not so much routine. Needless to say, I have goals even if my path is somewhat of a labyrinth; I like change, even though it often overwhelms me. I don't like roller coasters, but it would seem as if I live for a thrill. Since 2004, I've lived in two cities, a town, and now a pueblo.

Talking to my dad on the phone, I think I might have learned a little bit more about myself, or at least that other people know more about me than I do. Either way, now I know too, right? I think my own self-valoracion went up a little bit today. I love a good challenge, especially one that helps me to figure myself out.

No hay comentarios: