domingo, 19 de abril de 2009

Que Rapido

People here have a tendency to put "que" in front of key words to place greater emphasis. During winter, it was often "que frio" and undoubtedly, once summer hits, it's bound to be "que calor". Often I hear, and have taken to saying it too, "que fuerte" especially when something is surprising, and not necessarily in reference to a hot beverage or a strong person. For example, the baby crying on the other side of my bedroom wall right now... that would be a case of "que fuerte", because it's pretty loud, the baby sounds highly agitated, and because it's been a long day, or maybe because i have no control over getting the infant to stop, it's also kind of annoying. Anyhow, the crying has stopped now... que bien.

So delving into the world of "que"... The last ten days have been a whirlwind of sisterly bonding and traveling, and at the end of (really) a nine-day journey, the one thing I have to say above everything else I'm feeling is "que rapido". In the last nine days, Nini, Tiffy, and Jay-jay have managed to cover three countries and use practically ever mode of thinkable transportation to get to them. I took the AVE and met their flight in Madrid on the 10th, then we took a train to Lisboa/Lisbon, Portugal; a bus to Sevilla; a rental car to Cordoba and Jerez de la Frontera, Cadiz; and a bus-ferry-train combination to arrive in Marrakech, Morocco. The mere fact of them being here was enough, but keeping the comedy flowing in the midst of the highlights and lowlights was also a plus. Whether we were looking for meals on empty stomachs, catching multiple connections on the metro, hailing taxis, bartering down from 450 to 80, roadtripping on Spanish autopistas, falling in public places, flirting for the student discount and extra regalos, capturing all the madness on three at-the-ready digital cameras, or just understanding hooow I've been living for the past seven months, I wouldn't have done it with anyone else.

And on that note, pictures are soon to come. My bad for the month long absence, I don't know how I've managed not to write for a month, but I'll have to do a big update, or fill in the blanks along the way with recaps and pictures of my smaller trips prior to the most recent one, like: Albufeira, Portugal and Matalascanas, Huelva - beach towns that my current shade of dahkness can attest to. I'll be back on the beach as soon as I can too, now that I know that rentals are feasible... :)

Well, on a final note, I did start on the note of the crying baby - which makes one behind my head, and another living across the inner courtyard. Super fuerte, I don't know if I can take it. I'm sure some of my oils from Morocco could calm them down, but I don't expect the 'rentals would be down for that. Anyhow, the babies are off and on in the crying. I'm hoping they'll calm down by the time I really decide to go to sleep, but as I emphasized before, the que fuerteness of the situation is the fact that it's out of my hands. Alas. I'll try to focus less on the intermittent screaming and more on how to upload all my pictures. Hasta ahora.

No hay comentarios: